My son loves Minecraft! I love to feel like he is learning something during the time he uses it though; this type of program can give him important tools for future careers! Computer work is a lifetime skill; why not let them learn it while they are young and their interests are there?! Use your child’s interests to encourage learning!
We limit Minecraft in the home, but when we DO use it, there is always an educational component! Learning to code is a worthwhile skill! It helps me not feel guilty about letting my son play Minecraft! Homeschooler or not, this is a great tool to further your child’s education!
Reasons Why Kids Should Learn to Code
- Ideas will become reality. If they can dream it, they can build it with a computer!
- Code is one of the world's most used languages. Across the world, coders are using the same language to build websites and programs for others to use.
- Kids learn faster when they are young.
- Coding encourages critical thinking and problem solving.
- Open your child to possibilities. With coding experience, kids can apply for computer science internships and jobs.
About Youth Digital’s Mod Design program
One great way for kids to learn how to code is using Youth Digital's Mod Design program. The mission of this program, and all of Youth Digital’s programs, is to empower kids to create with technology. Minecraft kids will learn to modify the game with this year-long online course that teaches kids programming with Java™. Code their own Minecraft mod from start to finish and watch as the end result becomes a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
- For Minecraft kids ages 8 to 13
- Kids learn at their own pace
- Lessons are easy to follow (minimum adult help needed)
- Students must already have Minecraft for PC or Mac
Youth Digital's courses are available at a discount on Educents.com.
*This is a sponsored post and contains affiliate links