Plus - Overall I really liked this unit study! Is it something that someone could come up with on their own...most likely; however, who has the time? For this price it is WELL worth the time saved (and then some)! It's all put together for you, it's easy to maneuver, there are many units to choose from to match the interest of your child(ren), it covers many subjects at one time (hence a 'unit study'). Easily adaptable to the level of your child.
Minus - We ran into a few issues with links to websites no longer being available, I suggest checking the links first. I wish there was a list in the beginning of needed and/or suggested supplies, I didn't really prepare any supplies, after all it's download n' go, and I found that I didn't have things that I needed to complete the activities. A supplies list in the beginning would be a HUGE time saver!
NOTE: USAB is looking into the links that didn't work and will be updating the unit!
|My Boys all excited and ready to get started!|
|Cutting for the state study of that day|
|Gluing what C cut out (Z loves to be involved)|
|Shucking corn for dinner|
|we put some soaked popcorn kernels into a plastic bag with wet paper towels to sprout them|
|Ready to pop some corn!|
|Eating it up!|
|Pumpkin Pie Spice Popcorn|
|Observations of sprouting popcorn kernels|
|recording observations for our lapbook|
|Making our own microwave popcorn|
|Making some popcorn treats - rocky road popcorn triffles|
|The chocolate didn't get all the stuff to stick it together, in the future, I would put some chocolate on the bottom, then the stuff, then more chocolate.|
Planting our sprouted kernels
Popcorn taste test (butter, cheese or caramel)
Click here to view more details
- Click here to visit Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett. List one unit study besides Hoppin' Popcorn that you would be interested in doing with your children
- Follow Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett's Blog via GFC or Networked Blogs
- Like Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett on Facebook
- Follow Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett on Twitter
- Follow my blog via GFC or Networked Blogs (see side bar)
- Like Chestnut Grove Academy on Facebook
- Follow Chestnut Grove Academy on Twitter
- Share this giveaway on the internet via Facebook, Twitter or Blogging (or some other way)...post a link with your entry (1 entry for each location you share,up to one entry per day for tweets). Use the share link at bottom of post, or make sure you link back to this post!