Weekend – I took a long awaited date night with my 4yo. The choice on date nights with me is always Sweet Frogs it seems. Hubby doesn’t like to drive ‘that far’ (about 30min) on his date nights, so the kids look forward to going with me. I love Sweet Frogs, so I won’t complain! We rotate each month date night with different kid, starting next month it’s hubby’s turn starting with our oldest.
Saturday was a wet rainy day, we had plans to go to the Sugar Maple Festival, but because of the rain, we decided against it. Instead we went by a local farm to see the baby sheep! (more on that this coming up Field Trip Friday)
Monday – Monday’s have been going surprisingly well lately! Yeah! We had a great day! We are finishing up a Amanda Bennett Unity Study on George Washington and continuing with our Biomes Earth Science Lessons.
Tuesday – Tuesday’s have become the new Monday…but all in all the day ended well. I’m sure a big part of the problem was the Lucky Charms for breakfast, my kids don’t do sugar cereal’s well.
Thursday – C had cooking class today. He has it once a month. Me and the littles went to the Dollar Tree while we waited for him. Then he made everyone lunch with the leftover dough he had from class.
I think we may skip swimming today, the roads seem fine, but I just don’t feel like dragging all the kids out into the snow and then getting in a pool! Just doesn’t seem right when snow is coming down. They only have a 2hr delay here…maybe I’ll change my mind, but yeah it just doesn’t seem inviting. :/
This weekend the kids have history class at the Historical Society. Next week will be a busy one – I have my homeschool review, a field trip to Mt. Vernon, Co-op and Swimming…I think we have only one ‘real’ day of school all week! The kids will be happy!
This week we studied:
We finished a Unit Study on George Washington, from Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett.
We are also studying Biomes…we finished Grasslands this week and started Forests with a video from Visual Learning Systems.
Our Read Aloud -
Link Ups this week -
Post you might have missed -
- Have You Ever Considered Renting Your TextBooks?
- Little Passports Fundraising For Your School!
- Field Trip #163 Friday Blog Hop–Aviation Museum, C...
- Book Review: Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl
- Workbox Wednesday–Desert Biomes for Preschool/Kind...
- Gymboree–High Quality Children’s Clothes
- Review: GPA LEARN (TOS Review)
- Review: Space Scouts
A+ Interactive Math Sale: 1. Workbook (eBook) - only $4.99 (regular $9.99)
2. Full Curriculum Textbook (Lessons eBook) - only $7.99 (regular $19.99)
3. eBook CD Software (Windows PC) - Only $19.98 (regular $59.99)
(Click the link and then eBooks Software Tab - 2nd from right, next to "All" tab)
Other Spectacular DEALS
1. 3-Student Placement Test & Lessons $39.99 (Regular $79.99)
2. Comprehensive Math Curriculum Online Only $60 (Regular $125)
1. 1-Month Family Math Package
2. Adaptive Math Placement Test ("personalized" plan available for small fee)
3. Download FREE Math eBook - Comparing Money
LAST DAY: 40% off all at Crazy 8 clothes
Lots of GREAT Educational Deals at Educents – Life of Fred, Science Kits, Science Games, Easter Resources, Little Pim, Minecraft Resources and MORE!
More Reviews and Freebies Next Week! Sign up for my Newsletter to get your Freebie First!
and Weekly Wrap up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers Blog
Like what you read? Vote for me!
See our days as they unfold by following me on INSTAGRAM!