OctoPlus Math is new educational app by Zyrobotics, LLC.
OctoPlus Math was designed with the learning needs of young children and children with special needs.
What makes OctoPlus Math so great?
- Fully customizable settings can adjust math options based on the skill level of the student
- Enables parents and teachers to stay connected to the student’s progress through the Parent Zone
- Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess)
- Increases math confidence and helps kids master common core math skills
- Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn
- Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning for monitoring math progress
- Fun for all, with additional settings to help children with special needs
- Beginner's options to help gain confidence during game play
- Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for younger children and children with special needs
- Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted, such as children with Autism or attention deficit disorder
- Can use this math app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
- Covers Common Core Math State Standards in Operations & Algebraic Thinking Math Topics
OctoPlus Math takes place in the ocean. Children will battle turtles with math skills and win points to purchase items in the OctoStore. The games can be played in either drill or challenge mode. This allows children to progress and learn at their own pace, based on their own needs.
Check out this demo video:
Give OctoPlus Math a try! It’s available March 10th on iTunes
iTunes Download Link