I had a hard time coming up with a word for this year. I don’t know that I lived up to my words of previous years, it’s almost like New Year’s Resolutions! HA!
I did end last year on a Healthy note and have brought that into 2016 as well! (See my Whole 30 post)
I have decided that the one thing I really long for, for this year is PEACE! While peace in the world would be great, I only have control over myself. Therefore, I am striving for peace in ME! I want to radiate peace from myself, so that there may be more peace in my household, my family and those around me.
I have really be pondering on ways to bring more peace to my home. My game plan includes:
1. Daily scripture study - on my own and individually with my children, as well as, as a family.
2. Eating right - I have determined that SUGAR is BAD for my mood (even though I love it so). Therefore I am focusing on healthier eating, I am also paying close attention to my kid’s diets and how food affects them.
3. Decluttering – My house has gotten away from me, and in a lot of ways I know it’s because I gave up. But, I have found that the clutter brings me anxiety and bad moods, just the same as sugar does. Therefore I am focusing on simplifying and decluttering
4. Taking care of me - You can’t pour from an empty cup. I started last year do something that made me feel good, and that will continue into the New Year!
5. Service- I have always tried to give service, but I’d also like to look for oppurtunites for my family to give service as well, and even though I have given some…there is always more to give.
So this is my game plan for the New Year, my Kindle app is loaded with lots of different books to read to help me on my way this year.
I’ve also joined the Facebook Group DeClutter 365, it’s been helping me focus on where to declutter first! I was behind, but I spent some time in the kitchen today and it feels GREAT! That junk drawer had been driving me crazy and now it’s clean! You can actually open and close it! YEAH!! So off to a good start so far!
Here is to a PEACE FILLED NEW YEAR!
Linking up at