**NOTE: Before linking up please review guidelines HERE
- So our 2nd cruise day was a fun day at sea! The kids loved Camp Carnival and the waterslides were a hit as well. They also loved the life-size chess/checkers and foosball tables. Unfortunately c busted his chin open at the water park and had to be taken to medic. They glued him up, luckily no stitches!
- Our next stop was St. Thomas, USVI
- Unfortunately the weather was not that great. It was raining when we got off the boat, and the sky was dark, after walking for a bit it started to thunder. I suggest we head back, but the hubby thought it was fine. Well….after we got lost trying to find Black Beard’s Castle on foot (a local told us we def did not want to head down the way we were going) we turned around to see that the sky had gotten even darker and started heading back to ship. We didn’t make it very far from that point when the sky LET LOOSE! It was pouring and coming down at an angle…which unfortunately was towards us! It was hard to see, the baby was screaming bloody murder, but the boys were having a good ‘ol time. We were literally soaked to the bone when the larger pic was taken below. It’s blurry, but the only one we have to document the event. We weren’t even to the boat at that point. From that point on I ran (as best as I could) to the boat with the baby. It was horrible! If it had not been for that, it wouldn’t have been so bad actually. Many people had their iPhone 6s ruined, lucky for us, nothing was ruined….but we were def wet!!
- And, well, we really didn’t see much of St. Thomas, and we will probably never be back. Bummer!
- Next stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Beautiful views on this island, and lots of historical sites that you can walk to. There was a small fee ($5 for adults, 15 and under FREE) for the National Parks (included entrance to two). We were so walked out by this point though that we were so glad to find out that the free trolley wasn’t just between the two sites, but went all over Old San Juan! It took us right back to the boat and for FREE!
- Castillo de San Cristobal and Castillo San Felipe del Morro,also pictures is a statue of Ponce de Leon. This was great b/c we have recently studied about him!
All in all I think San Juan was everyone’s favorite port!