A+ Interactive Math by A+ TutorSoft, Inc is a Multi-Sensory Interactive Math program for grades 1-Algebra! It is available as a CD program or online. The CD program is available in either Standard or Premium.
- Highly animated, concise and to-the-point lessons with all three learning modalities (Audio, Visuals and Text) to increase understanding of concepts.
- Interactive Review helps identify and close learning gaps immediately as it automatically re-teaches concepts with audio, visuals and text. It enhances student learning by allowing them to practice problem solving with real-time feedback and step-by-step instructions
- Curriculum Book provides easy access to lessons in eBook format.
- Printable worksheets and exams allow students flexibility to practice problem solving in a more "traditional way" with pen & paper.
- Worksheets Solution Guide provides step-by-step solutions to each printable worksheet.
- Exams Solution Guide provides step-by-step solutions to each printable exam.
- Reference sheets provide easy access to facts and formulas.
- Recommended Lesson Plan
- Parental controls that allow parents to lock solution guides
- Progress tracking and reporting
- Weekly Certificate of Accomplishments
The 2nd grade math curriculum is divided into 15 chapters and each chapter is broken down into sub-chapters. Each sub-chapter has an oral lesson with visuals to explain the concept. At the end of each lesson there are examples for your child to complete, these are done on the computer. If your child gets a problem wrong, it is explained to him again. After completion of the lesson and examples, you can print off a worksheet, solution guide and/or answer key for more practice. Exams and Exam Solution Guides are available at the end of each chapter, as well as cumulative review exams to cover topics encompassing more than one chapter. These printed worksheets are to be graded and tracked by the parent.
Parents are able to easily track students work by following and maintaining the Lesson Plan provided with the Premium Edition CD. The Lesson Plan also gives an outline of which worksheets, tests, reviews to give and when.
The lessons are also available in print form with the Curriculum Book included on the CD Software.
My son enjoyed this software, he loved the exercises at the end of each sub-chapter, and the instant gratification of knowing if he got the answer right or wrong. The only thing this math program is missing for younger grades is manipulatives! My son is a tactile learner, especially in math, and the lack of manipulatives was frustrating to him, so we substituted our own. The first time he sat down to this program, he was also frustrated by not knowing HOW MANY exercises he had to complete at the end of each lesson. Once he realized there were only a small handful (b/w 8-10 problems), he was a lot less distraught.
My son loves to work on the computer, and after overcoming the two downsides of the program, he really enjoyed his math lessons with A+ Interactive Math!
I would definitely recommend this program to others, particularly for those in older grades or those who are more visual and auditory learners in the area of math. Though with a simple addition of their own manipulatives, this program is easily adaptable to all learning styles!
A+ Interactive Math is available for $99.99 for Standard and $124.99 for Premium editions; however, A+ Tutorsoft is offering a 50% discount to my readers until the end of March! Use code “SPOFFER50”, it is good for either the online or CD version and for all grade levels.