With a new year here, it’s a great time to take a step back and look over the previous year. We really had a great one, lots of great things happened for us in 2011.
- We had our 9 year wedding anniversary (soon to be 10yr)
- C turned 5, Z turned 2, and c turned 1
- We moved halfway around the world from MD to HI – and had a smooth transition
- I had a new niece born into the family (Q’s side, to make 18 grandkids for my MIL)
- We started Kindergarten in home school (with C)
- I got much more active in my blogging, and have met many amazing and wonderful people around the world! (virtually)
- My parents just celebrated 33yrs of marriage
- My baby brother joined the Marine Corps
These are just the first few things that come to mind, I certainly hope your 2011 was just as blessed as mine, and that 2012 brings many more good things to come (for all of us!)
Hopes for the New Year to come
My Personal New Year Resolutions, if you will, (I prefer to call it my life change plan)
- Spend less time on facebook! (Make better use of my time)
- Stay more on top of household duties (cleaning, laundry, meal planning)…should be easy since I’ll be on facebook less, haha
- Savor the moments more (they pass by to quickly)
- Work on patience, and responding with kindness (I react far to quickly, and sometimes harshly)
- Scrapbook more!!!
- More meditation/scripture study time for ME
- More record keeping of goals and journal writing (I guess I shouldn’t say more, I should say some, since I currently have none!).
- Keep better track of my spending (I’ll admit it, I spend more than I should).
As far as homeschooling, we are making some curriculum changes. The biggest of which is switching math curriculums. We currently use Saxon 1, we will be starting Math U See Alpha when we start school back up on the 9th. I will also be cutting back our geography studies to ONE State a week, and ONE Country a month (one day a week to study).
I also want to be more aware of what is or isn’t working for us, and not be afraid to slow down, step back or change things up more (if I need to).
I want to spend more time with Z working on his speech, he was in speech therapy with the state Infant and Toddlers program, but recently tested out. However, he is still very delayed in his annunciation of words and sounds. So I want to spend more one on one time with him working on this.
So what’s your big resolution for the new year??