1 c tapioca pearls (not instant)
3 c water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 c raw honey (or more if you prefer sweeter)
1 can coconut milk
2 egg yolks
1 T vanilla
1. Put tapioca pearls and water into the Instant Pot. Set on Manual for 6 mins. Turn off and let sit at natural pressure release for 10mins, release any remaining pressure and remove lid.
2. Add salt and honey, whisk together.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix coconut milk and egg yolks.
4. Whisk into the Instant Pot, set on sauté and whisk continually until boiling.
5. Turn off heat and stir in the vanilla
Serve with diced fruit, if desired.
Enjoy warm or cooled!
Note on the sweetness - My husband thought it wasn’t sweet enough, my kids agreed, and also didn’t like the texture (first time having tapioca, I remember I didn’t like it as a kid either, same reason). I thought it was perfect, and ate most of it myself! Oops! Since I do not eat a lot of *sweet* anymore, it was plenty sweet for me. My family on the other hand are more adapted to sweet things. So you may want more honey, just taste to see. My family eats mostly Paleo (since I cook), but they also eat non-Paleo a lot more often than I do.