Tips for School with Tots
- Have books available at their level. K likes animal books and touchy feely books. Have siblings do their reading aloud to the tot! K loves to have her brothers read to her. The ones that can’t read can point out animals and practice signs with her. Help her find items in search books. (She loves simple search books). Animal Hide & Seek is a great example of a touch and feel book that has a duck to find on each page!
- Provide activities that are similar to what the others are doing. Let them participate. If you are painting, let them paint. If you are doing desk work, have activities they can do too.
- Light Table – rotate the items available at the table
- Fine motor activities like play dough, coloring, painting
- One on One correspondence activities like puzzles, magnet pages
- Hand-eye coordination activities like blocks and other stacking items
- Plan some schooling activities around naps (if possible), the ones that need more of my attention or she can’t participate in…I do during nap time.
This is part of a School House Review Crew Blog Hop, click the graphic above to see Real Life Homeschool with other Crew members.
*Field Trip Friday will return Next Week, feel free to link up to last week’s post!Some of the 52 participating bloggers
Life at Rossmont
A Stable Beginning
Happy Little Homemaker
Joyful Hearts and Faces
Day by Day in Our World
Mama's Coffee Shop
Double O Farms
Tales of a Homeschool Family
Home Sweet Life
A Rup Life