GUEST POST by Rebecca Fuller of LearnFluteOnline.com
Why music lessons? Let me count the reasons.
1. Music can bring a beauty and peace in ways no other curriculum can.
2. Music teaches focus and self discipline… not something every child/adult wants, but definitely something every child/adult needs.
3. Self confidence will grow by leaps and bounds.
4. Subjects that require stick-to-it-ness are a must in a home-learning environment. The skills that keeps on giving.
5. The skills gained during music learning cross paths with all other curriculum.
6. Not many other subjects allow an expression of self.
7. When the family learns together, no one feels alone in the learning process. Thus, the family bond grows.
How music lessons and homeschool? Learn Online.
Yup. It’s totally possible. The internet is making all things possible. Even awesome music lessons.
Parent and Child learning together is theee best fun! Bond-it-up! Show your child you are interested in learning as well. This sparks genuine interest in all education in your home.
I have spent the past 25 years molding and shaping others and my own children’s musical skills. They are wonderful musicians and I have a huge sense of accomplishment when I see any of them pick up their instrument and play with eagerness and emotion - just for “fun”.
We have been able to use the skill as income for many, many years including keeping the boys funding themselves even during football season.
My love and enthusiasm has been used to train other families to do just what I have done. And it brings such a feeling of accomplishment as I have received hundreds of letters of thanks for bringing music to a person or a family.
Carry-on, home-learners. Stay homeward bound!
You can find Rebecca online teaching with passion and organized to the hilt at: http://LearnFluteOnline.com where she helps people of all ages hone their musical skill by using the beautiful instrument flute in a step-by-step, affordable online approach.
Disclosure of Material Connection:
Some of the links on this blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”