This is the schedule for this weeks work boxes for C (my Kindergartner). Here are some pictures from Tuesday.
|Spelling words (see my spelling post for more ideas)|
|Pictograph for Math|
1. The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading and a short e book from www.starfall.com
2. A few pages from Explode the Code 1 short e
3. Spelling Workout: Level A, practice spelling words with Magnetic Teaching Tiles and a cookies sheet
4. Read about Reptile Babies in First Encyclopedia of Animals and visit weblinks
5. Math, Saxon Math K, Pictographs
6. Child Size Masterpieces Level 1 and Beethoven's Wig: Sing Along Symphonies
His favorite thing from his workbox this week so far is Playdough with an F and Fish cookie cutter.
We are also using Confessions of a Homeschooler Letter of the Week Curriculum - F is for FISH
and I was introduced to education cubes, and will be using those this week with both boys. With C I put letters in them to spell his spelling words, and with Z I have put pictures of things that start with F. You can get all the info about Education Cubes here
I really need to plan better for Z, I'm trying to get more organized with activities for him, and need to come up with some goals for him as well. I need C to be a bit more independent so I can do more one-on-one with Z.
Would love to hear ideas from others that have Kinder and Preschool age kids...how do you do it??